If you are a fan of Online Game, then you must have been in some situations where other gamers spoiled your game by using cheat. In our topic today, we would like to introduce to you top 05 anti-cheat software for Online Games that currently very popular over the internet.
There are many kinds of cheat (hack) software for games nowadays, most of them were written for Online Games. Some of gamers use these 03rd party software in order to get a Win over normal gamers, which is totally unfair.
That’s why, anti-cheat software is being used to prevent cheater (hacker) from using hack/ cheat tool while playing Online Games. Most of these software is safe for your machine and help to protect you games from bugs also.
Let’s take a look our top 05 best Anti-Cheat software for Online Games as below!
1. Valve Anti Cheat (VAC):
Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) is an automated system designed to detect cheats installed on users’ computers that was developed by Valve Corporation in 2002. If a user connects to a VAC-Secured server from a computer with identifiable cheats installed, the VAC system will ban the user from playing that game on VAC-Secured servers in the future.
The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modifications to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game’s core executable files and dynamic link libraries.
Here are some main features of VAC:
- Detect hardware faulty and system memory faulty.
- Inform to users when they are being cheated.
- Prevent all players who are using Cheats from sharing Games in their Library or exchanging in-game inventory.
- Banned Players will not able to play Steam games with that account anymore.
- Banned Players will not able to contribute to Steam community anymore.
For more information about VAC or if you want to install VAC, click here.
2. nProtect GameGuard:
nProtect GameGuard (as known as GG) is an anti-cheating rootkit developed by INCA Internet. It is widely installed in many online games to block possibly malicious applications and prevent common methods of cheating.
GG also includes some extra features for your machine, such as:
- Monitoring changes of your Computer memory.
- Support antivirus and Spyware.
- Prevent key logger via nProtect Key Crypt
When using this software, the only thing that we’re not comfortable is that, during nProtect GameGuard is running, you won’t be able to install or activate any external devices (for example: PC mouse).
- Processor (CPU): Intel Pentium 4 2GMhz (or higher models)
- RAM: 1 GB or higher.
- Free hard drive space: 1 GB or higher.
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher.
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or higher.
nProtect GameGuard can be downloaded in here.
PunkBuster is a computer program that is developed and published by Even Balance, Inc. It is designed to detect software used for cheating in online games. It does this by scanning the memory contents of the local machine. A computer identified as using cheats may be banned from connecting to protected servers. The aim of the program is to isolate cheaters and prevent them from disrupting legitimate games.
- 15+ years of experience in the anti-cheat business.
- Support for all major and many proprietary game engines.
- Game specific cheat research and detection.
- Real-time, continuous memory scanning during gameplay.
- Environment modification detection.
- Background auto-updates.
- Administrative tools (screen shots, ban lists, streaming).
- Cross-platform support (Windows, Linux, Mac).
Download and install PunkBuster at: https://www.evenbalance.com/downloads.php.
4. BattlEye (BE):
BattlEye (BE) was founded by Bastian Suter in October 2004. Starting out as an external 3rd-party anti-cheat for Battlefield Vietnam, first versions were quickly released and it rapidly gained first acknowledgement. This anti-cheat software consumes very less computer resources (such as: RAM, CPU, network bandwidth, etc.).
Some highlight features:
- Auto detect hacking system.
- Global Security system.
- Active scanning from User mode to Kernel mode (system core).
- Auto Update security system.
- Compatible for most games.
Hackshield is developed by AhnLab Inc., a Korean security solutions company. It has been available to Korean game developers since 2001 and American game developers since 2005. HackShield is an anti-hack software that was developed specifically for MMOs.
It is being used in games such as Combat Arms, Dragonica, MapleStory, Mabinogi, War Rock, Kal Online, Shot Online, Ace Online and Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies, etc.
Hackshield is a third-party program currently used by over 200 games around the world, designed to fight potential unauthorized behavior online. This anti-cheat software runs on Windows platform and prevents games from being exploited bugs. Hackshield is always received latest patches via auto update feature to make sure the program could run with its maximum effectiveness.
For more information about AhnLab and their products, check out from here.
We understand the painful of truly Online gamers who playing games but could not fully enjoy their game because of cheaters and hackers. That’s why we hope our top 05 Anti cheat software for Online Games will help you to decide which software will be suitable for you in order to prevent yourself from being cheated by other gamers who like to play “dirty”. Let’s try out and us know which one is the best among 05 of them!